Welcome to H1BSupport.Com, please Ask a Question and an H1B Expert will provide an answer within 24 Hours! If you are looking for an H1BTransfer, please call 24/7 at (800) 693-8939 or h1btransfer@hireitpeople.com
Ask a question:

How to Answer and H-1B RFE with NO DEGREE

491 views 5 comments
posted Nov 27, 2016 in RFEs (H1B, I-140, PERM, Consulate) by Sheila Danzig (8,100 points)

H-1B education requirements demand that a candidate for this visa hold a US bachelor’s degree or higher or its equivalent.  Do you or does your employee or client have the skills and knowledge needed to excel at their specialty, H-1B qualified job, but no degree to show for it?  This is more common than expected as highly skilled workers are often self-taught, or learned skills on the job rather than through traditional education.  While this is not the norm, an ample chunk of H-1B beneficiaries learned in the classroom of the workplace rather than in a college or university.  Employers hire these creatively educated workers and then CIS sends them RFEs when they file for the H-1B visa.

Sometimes an H-1B candidate will have SOME college or university education but no degree completed.  Sometimes there will be no college education at all.  CIS does have a solution for this, but you or your employee or client will need a very specific kind of work experience for this to work, and a VERY specific and detailed credential evaluation accompanying the answer to the RFE.

CIS generally accepts that three years of progressive work experience in the field of your or your employee or client’s H-1B job is the equivalency of one year of college credit towards a bachelor’s degree in that field.  PROGRESSIVE work experience means that the job duties expanded in scope and responsibility as employment went on, implying that you or your employee or client learned increasingly specialized skills on the job. 

If you or your employee or client has some education – or no education – and enough years of progressive work experience, an evaluator with the authority to convert years of this work experience into college credit can write the evaluation you or your employee or client needs to prove to CIS that there is a legitimate US bachelor’s degree equivalency.  Remember, the degree specialization must exactly match the job, so the progressive work experience MUST be in the field of employ.

About the Author

Sheila Danzig

Sheila Danzig is the Executive Director at TheDegreePeople.com, a Foreign Credentials Evaluation Agency.  For a free analysis of any difficult case, RFE, Denial, or NOID, please go to http://ccifree.com/ or call 800.771.4723.


commented Jul 6, 2017 by julia dave

You have done a cheap essay help great job on this article. It’s very readable and highly intelligent. You have even managed to make it understandable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you.

replied Sep 27, 2017 by EthelScott (100 points)

Sometimes there will be no school guideline by any methods. CIS has a response for this, yet you or your agent or client will require a specific kind of work contribution for this to work like thesis help service and writing assistance.

commented Nov 30, 2017 by flipdiving (120 points)

Your site has a lot of useful information for myself. I visit regularly. Hope to have more quality items.

lucky patcher

commented Apr 12, 2018 by anonymous
commented Apr 23, 2018 by hireitpeople (888 points)
This site is powered by http://www.hireitpeople.com All Articles are written and Questions are answered by H1B Experts at Hire IT People, Inc | If you are looking for a Project or an H1B Visa Transfer, with Immediate Green Card Process (From Day one) please call us at (800) 693-8939 or email at h1btransfer@hireitpeople.com. We are experts in handling Client letter matters, Specialty Occupation. | We provide excellent Employment Benefits and we work with Direct Clients |


H1B Employer, H1B Sponsor, H1B Transfer, h1b visa transfer,
H1B Sponsoring Companies, h1b visa consultants, companies sponsoring h1b visa, h1b attorney, h1b jobs, h1b visa employer

If you are looking for a Project or an H1B Visa Transfer, with Immediate GC Process, please call us at (800) 693-8939 or h1btransfer@hireitpeople.com