I am on H1 and I have my i797 approved till 12/27/19. My wife's H4 (i94) is expiring on 01/10/18 and I have applied for H1 for her and it is pending with the decision from USCIS. Now my question is whether I need to extend my wife's H4 status or I have to wait till the H1 decision comes? Please help me.
In case if H1 is denied, can I apply for H4 extension after that or she has to go back to India and come back with valid H4? How many days she can stay if H4 is expired but H1 is still in processing status?